Man bites into a burger and finds a dead MOUSE 'hidden inside the meat patty' while dining at a Perth pub
l Bruce Blackburn, from Perth, was celebrating Australia Day with a family lunch
l Mr Blackburn took several bites of a burger before seeing a dead mouse inside
l He said he 'felt sick' when he saw the 'full-fledged hairy mouse in the meat patty'
l Inglewood's Civic Hotel declined to comment on the incident
A Perth man was given a horrible shock during his Australia Day lunch, after he bit into a dead mouse which was inside his burger.
Bruce Blackburn was celebrating the public holiday with a family lunch at Inglewood's Civic Hotel.
Mr. Blackburn told 9 News he ordered three sliders with chips and had taken a few bites from the first burger with no dramas.
It wasn't until he went for his third mouthful when he realized something was amiss.
'The third bite, I couldn't actually bite it. I realized there was a full-fledged hairy mouse in the meat patty,' Mr. Blackburn said.
'My reaction was to just drop it straight away and feel sick.'
Mr. Blackburn said he would report the matter to the Western Australia Department of Health.
Mr. Blackburn said he was offered a refund by hotel staff but was not given an apology.
Management at Inglewood's Civic Hotel declined to comment when contacted by Daily Mail Australia.
'No comment, thank you,' a manager said.
On Facebook, Mr. Blackburn posted about the horrific experience, attracting hundreds of comments.
'Having Australia Day lunch and this is what Bruce got in his burger. Health dept. issue… he bit into a full mouse… f***ing yuk,' Peta Blackburn wrote.